Finalist Edwel Energy empowers companies and individuals to navigate the energy process chain,
control their energy footprint, and reduce consumption of non-renewable energy.
Chrystal Gilkes and Benjamin Gilkes give us some advice for anyone thinking about doing a startup. They share their number one surprise about being an entrepreneur, and the best career advice they have received.
What surprised you most about getting started as a start-up?
The large helpful community.
List top 7 pieces of advice for entrepreneurs starting a business
1. Understand you know nothing about the startup world
2. Be prepared to learn a diverse range of topics (in random order)
3. Some people won't "get" your idea
4. Others will get the idea but have no idea how to execute it
5. Find a start-up community for support
6. Any advice is beneficial if you put yourself in the commenter’s shoes
7. Continually map out the long term company direction, but concentrate on the now
What is an entrepreneur’s #1 job?
Enjoy the ride!
What is the best career advice you've received?
Do something you love – it makes the hard work seem less like hard work.
“Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right.” Henry Ford.
Have more Questions? Connect with Chris and NeuroFlow.
Website: Edwel Energy
LinkedIn: Edwel Energy on LinkedIn
Twitter: Edwel Energy on Twitter
Instagram: Edwel Energy on Instagram